This plan has a personal Medical Savings Account (MSA) to help pay for qualified medical expenses — such as doctor visits, diagnostics tests such as X-rays, inpatient hospital stays, etc.
The Geisinger Gold Reserve plan has no monthly premiums. An annual deductible of $3,000 applies. Geisinger Gold will deposit $1,500 a year on behalf of a member in the Medical Savings Account. Members can use this deposit to help meet their deductible. Once the deductible is met, Geisinger Gold pays for covered medical expenses in full.
Members cannot make deposits into the account. (Note: The money in the account can be used to pay for qualified medical expenses.) If there is money left in the account after the end of the calendar year, it rolls over to the next year.
If you join this plan, you can go to any doctor, hospital or other medical professional that accepts Medicare and agrees to see you. No referrals are needed.
Key points about Geisinger Gold Reserve plan
- See any health care provider that accepts Medicare and agrees to see you.
- Reserve (MSA) is a high deductible Medicare Advantage Plan which is paired with a bank account that can be used to pay for qualified medical expenses.
- Pay no Reserve (MSA) plan premiums (members must continue to pay their Medicare Part B premiums)
- Annual deductible applies
- Receive $1,500 from Geisinger Gold to help pay for medical expenses and help offset the deductible
- Covered medical expenses taken care of by Geisinger Gold after deductible is met
- Rollover money in the Medical Savings Account to be used for qualified medical expenses in later years
- Prescription drug coverage is not included in this plan. You can add prescription drug coverage for an additional cost by joining a stand-alone plan
- Additional eligibility requirements apply. Please call for full details.
See the Summary of Benefits
Download an Enrollment Application
For information on the plan's appeal and grievance processes, please see Chapter 7 of the Evidence of Coverage